Do you know a child or teen that may benefit from seeing a gynecologist? For young ladies, the gynecologist can be a very frightening experience. Having doctors and nurses who understand the needs of younger generations can make the difference in how successful a treatment plan becomes. Dr. Benjie Mills and her staff provide a comfortable and caring environment for young ladies.
Reasons to seek gynecologic care in a young person include:
- Menstrual periods that are very heavy or painful, causing a decrease in activities or school absences
- Itching, persistent irritation, or rashes in the genital area
- Concerns regarding anatomy or puberty
- Safe sex practices
- Sexually transmitted disease testing
- Abdominal or pelvic pain that persists
- Human papillomavirus vaccination
It's a fact - girls, teens and woman fear the "pelvic examination." Many girls and teens actually do not need a pelvic examination in order to evaluate and treat their problem. Your doctor can gain information using ultrasound or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) without the traditional pelvic examination.
For more information or to make an appointment, call (864) 455-1600.