New mothers receive a visit from a lactation consultant who can:
- Provide information on breastfeeding
- Evaluate breastfeeding problems and offer practical solutions
- Teach techniques to make breastfeeding comfortable and successful
- Help with latch-on, positioning, and proper use of equipment
- Breastfeeding Support Group
Lactation consultants provide special assistance for mothers with premature babies, multiples, special needs babies, or who are returning to work.
To help ensure continued success, lactation consultations are available by appointment, and consultants host a breastfeeding support group that meets each month. Click here to learn how you can rent a breast pump. To register for a breastfeeding class, visit ghs.org/eventregistration.